Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- Update on HMRC Double Cab Pick Up Guidance
HMRC has updated its guidance on the tax treatment of Double Cab Pick Ups
- Tax saving for 38,000 pubs as alcohol duty freeze takes effect
More than 38,000 pubs are set to benefit from six-month freeze to alcohol duty from today.
- Supporting clients to equalise pensions
GAD has devised a modeller to support clients as they seek to equalise pensions for scheme members. It provides bespoke solutions according to clients’ needs.
Business Tax News
- Business Income Manual
Supplementary guidance on how to check tax calculations or work out the trading profits of a business for Self Assessment tax return.
- Specialist Investigations Alcohol Guidance
Specialist Investigations Alcohol Guidance
- Guidance: Pension schemes: service availability and issues
Check the availability and any issues affecting the online services for pension schemes.
Personal Tax News
- March is top month for Marriage Allowance claims
Marriage Allowance claims rose before the start of the new tax year.
- DWP unveils plans for £1.4 trillion in pension assets to deliver for savers and economy
Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) outlines plans to make £1.4 trillion in pension schemes work better for savers and the wider economy
- Warning to Self Assessment customers as scam referrals exceed 200,000
HMRC records a rise in the number of customers reporting 'suspicious contact' from fraudsters.