Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- Government strengthens tax policymaking with over 30 updates, consultations and documents published
The government has today published a series of tax documents and consultations in a move to strengthen policymaking and help create a more trusted, simple and modern tax system (23 March).
- VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme - online service opens
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year can join the new scheme to pay it in smaller monthly instalments.
- Case studies for Making Tax Digital
Testimonies from businesses on how Making Tax Digital has worked for them.
Business Tax News
- Guidance: Fulfilment House Due Diligence Scheme registered businesses list
Check if the business that stores your goods in the UK is registered with the Fulfilment House Due Diligence Scheme if you're a trader based outside of the EU.
- Guidance: UK Trade Tariff: trader entry of customs data into CHIEF
Guidance for traders who enter customs declaration data into the Customs Handling of Import and Export Freight (CHIEF) system.
- Notice: Notice 100: customs Flexible Accounting System
This notice explains how to pay for charges due on imported goods by using the Flexible Accounting System.
Personal Tax News
- Tax cut for employers of veterans brought in
A National Insurance contributions holiday for businesses who employ armed forces veterans comes into force on 6 April 2021.
- Chancellor responds to the first OTS report on Inheritance Tax
The Financial Secretary to the Treasury has written to the OTS in response to its first Inheritance Tax report.
- Set up Self Assessment payment plans by 1 April
Self Assessment taxpayers have until 1 April 2021 to pay any outstanding tax liabilities in full or set up an online payment plan to avoid a 5% late payment penalty.