Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- One month left to join VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year have until 21 June 2021 to join the new online payment scheme to spread the cost of their deferred VAT.
- Government strengthens tax policymaking with over 30 updates, consultations and documents published
The government has today published a series of tax documents and consultations in a move to strengthen policymaking and help create a more trusted, simple and modern tax system (23 March).
- VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme - online service opens
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year can join the new scheme to pay it in smaller monthly instalments.
Business Tax News
- Guidance: Childcare service: service availability and issues
Check the availability and any issues affecting the Childcare service.
- Guidance: Online Agent Authorisation: service availability and issues
Check the availability and any issues affecting the Online Agent Authorisation online service.
- News story: UK Government-led support for the Scottish seafood exports sector
A taskforce instrumental in smoothing seafood exports has met for the final time. Tailored dialogue with the fisheries sector will continue.
Personal Tax News
- Scams warning for tax credits customers
Tax credits customers should be alert to potential scams as HMRC responds to more than one million referrals of suspicious contact in the last year.
- More than 63,500 file Self Assessment on first day of tax year
More than 63,500 customers filed their 2020 to 2021 tax return online on 6 April 2021 and HM Revenue and Customs is urging others to follow.
- Working from home? Customers may be eligible to claim tax relief in 2021 to 2022
More than half a million people have claimed the working from home tax relief this tax year and are already benefitting.