Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme - online service opens
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year can join the new scheme to pay it in smaller monthly instalments.
- Case studies for Making Tax Digital
Testimonies from businesses on how Making Tax Digital has worked for them.
- Letter to PAC Chair on tackling the tax gap report
HMRC Permanent Secretary responds to criticism of tax gap report from the Public Accounts Committee.
Business Tax News
- Biofuels and Fuel Substitutes Assurance
Biofuels and Fuel Substitutes Assurance
- National Statistics: HMRC statistics: pre-release access list
HM Revenue and Customs' record of those who have pre-release access to National Statistics.
- Guidance: EPAYE: service availability and issues
Check the availability and any issues affecting the EPAYE service.
Personal Tax News
- File Self Assessment tax returns now to prevent penalties
Self Assessment taxpayers have less than one week to submit their late tax returns by 28 February to prevent a £100 late filing penalty.
- More help for Self Assessment taxpayers
HM Revenue and Customs announces Self Assessment taxpayers will not be charged the 5% late payment penalty if pay their tax or set up a payment plan by 1 April 2021.
- Give your loved one a tax break this Valentine’s Day
Married couples and people in civil partnerships could be eligible for Marriage Allowance and reduce their tax by up to £250 each year.