Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- End of an era as stamp presses decommissioned by HMRC
The 300-year old process to manually stamp documents to show the duty has been paid is going digital from July.
- One month left to join VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year have until 21 June 2021 to join the new online payment scheme to spread the cost of their deferred VAT.
- Government strengthens tax policymaking with over 30 updates, consultations and documents published
The government has today published a series of tax documents and consultations in a move to strengthen policymaking and help create a more trusted, simple and modern tax system (23 March).
Business Tax News
- Official Statistics: Schedule of updates and announcements for HMRC's statistics
Publication plan for HMRC National and official Statistics. Any changes to the schedule will be detailed in the announcements.
- Guidance: UK Trade Tariff: imports and community transport inwards
Guidance on import procedures and requirements including customs input entries and fallback procedures.
- Guidance: Help to Save: service availability and issues
Check the availability and any issues affecting the Help to Save service.
Personal Tax News
- Self Assessment deadline countdown begins
There are 100 days to go until the deadline for online tax returns on 31 January 2022. Last year, 96% of customers completed their tax return online.
- Time to get ready for Self Assessment
The deadline to complete a tax return for the 2020 to 2021 tax year is approaching.
- OTS webinar video and slide pack
OTS provides a recording of its webinar held on 15 September 2021.