Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- Case studies for Making Tax Digital
Testimonies from businesses on how Making Tax Digital has worked for them.
- Letter to PAC Chair on tackling the tax gap report
HMRC Permanent Secretary responds to criticism of tax gap report from the Public Accounts Committee.
- GAD’s online advice about the insurance industry
GAD experts continue to provide online advice and guidance about the insurance industry to other parts of government, during the coronavirus pandemic.
Business Tax News
- Notice: Excise Notice 85c: anti-forestalling restrictions – tobacco products
This notice explains the restrictions on the tobacco products that can be removed for home-use.
- Detailed guide: Check if you need to pay Fuel Duty
Find out if you need to pay Fuel Duty on the fuel you produce, import or use and the rate you need to pay.
- Civil evasion penalties for Customs, Excise and VAT
This manual replaces previously held guidance in CCEP, EXCEP and VATCEP.
Personal Tax News
- Fascinating facts about Self Assessment
HM Revenue and Customs shares some little-known facts about Self Assessment ahead of the 31 January 2021 deadline.
- Self Assessment customers use online tax payment plans to help spread the cost
Almost 25,000 Self Assessment customers have set up an online payment plan to manage their tax liabilities.
- Self Assessment deadline: less than a month to go
Around 55% of Self Assessment customers have already filed their return, and HMRC is urging others to do so by 31 January.