Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- Government strengthens tax policymaking with over 30 updates, consultations and documents published
The government has today published a series of tax documents and consultations in a move to strengthen policymaking and help create a more trusted, simple and modern tax system (23 March).
- VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme - online service opens
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year can join the new scheme to pay it in smaller monthly instalments.
- Case studies for Making Tax Digital
Testimonies from businesses on how Making Tax Digital has worked for them.
Business Tax News
- Customs Special Procedures Manual
Special Procedures guidance on Customs matters
- Guidance: Social security arrangements between the UK and the EU: staff guide
This staff guidance explains the social security coordination arrangements between the UK and the EU under the EU Withdrawal Agreement.
- Guidance: Commercial software suppliers of record keeping applications
Find a list of simple record keeping applications, including cash basis and simplified expenses specifications.
Personal Tax News
- Customers reminded to look out for tax credits renewals packs
Tax credits customers will start to receive their annual renewal packs this week and are reminded to check that their details are correct.
- Tax cut for employers of veterans brought in
A National Insurance contributions holiday for businesses who employ armed forces veterans comes into force on 6 April 2021.
- Chancellor responds to the first OTS report on Inheritance Tax
The Financial Secretary to the Treasury has written to the OTS in response to its first Inheritance Tax report.