Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- End of an era as stamp presses decommissioned by HMRC
The 300-year old process to manually stamp documents to show the duty has been paid is going digital from July.
- One month left to join VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year have until 21 June 2021 to join the new online payment scheme to spread the cost of their deferred VAT.
- Government strengthens tax policymaking with over 30 updates, consultations and documents published
The government has today published a series of tax documents and consultations in a move to strengthen policymaking and help create a more trusted, simple and modern tax system (23 March).
Business Tax News
- Guidance: HMRC exchange rates for 2021: monthly
Find foreign exchange rates issued by HMRC in CSV and XML format.
- Guidance: Register for VAT by post
Use the VAT1 form to register a new or existing business or one you're taking over.
- Guidance: Corporation Tax technical specifications for CT600 RIM artefacts
CT600 V2 (2009) and V3 (2020) RIM artefacts for Corporation Tax software developers.
Personal Tax News
- OTS webinar video and slide pack
OTS provides a recording of its webinar held on 15 September 2021.
- 1.8 million couples benefitting from extra tax relief
Married couples and those in civil partnerships could reduce their Income Tax by up to £252 a year by sharing their Personal Allowances.
- One week left to renew for 300,000 tax credits customers
Tax credits customers have until 31 July to renew their tax credits claim or risk their payments being stopped.