Hunt Smee & Co.
The Smart Accountants
Chartered Certified Accountants Based in Basildon, Essex
At Hunt Smee & Co, we provide a full range of professional accountancy services for a wide variety of individuals and small businesses.
We provide a large number of financial services ranging from business advice and development to taxation.
Whether it is business plans and forecasts, traditional tax and accounting services, your personal self-assessment return or limited company incorporation, you can be sure our accountants will approach the task with the precision and dedication you would expect from an established and highly trusted firm.
HMRC Latest News
- End of an era as stamp presses decommissioned by HMRC
The 300-year old process to manually stamp documents to show the duty has been paid is going digital from July.
- One month left to join VAT Deferral New Payment Scheme
Businesses that deferred VAT payments last year have until 21 June 2021 to join the new online payment scheme to spread the cost of their deferred VAT.
- Government strengthens tax policymaking with over 30 updates, consultations and documents published
The government has today published a series of tax documents and consultations in a move to strengthen policymaking and help create a more trusted, simple and modern tax system (23 March).
Business Tax News
- Official Statistics: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme statistics: 29 July 2021
Time series and statistics as at 30 June 2021 on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, with analysis by scheme size, sector, geography, age, gender and flexible furlough.
- Guidance: Approved professional organisations and learned societies (list 3)
Check the HMRC list of professional bodies to see if you can claim tax relief on your fees or subscriptions.
- Guidance: Check genuine HMRC contact that uses more than one communication method
Check recent contacts from HMRC to help you decide if a suspicious email, phone call, text or letter could be a scam.
Personal Tax News
- One week left to renew for 300,000 tax credits customers
Tax credits customers have until 31 July to renew their tax credits claim or risk their payments being stopped.
- National Minimum Wage rate reminder for summer staff
Last year, HMRC helped more than 150,000 workers who were paid under the minimum wage and is reminding seasonal summer staff to check their pay.
- Scams warning for tax credits customers
Tax credits customers should be alert to potential scams as HMRC responds to more than one million referrals of suspicious contact in the last year.